Text was translated into English Google translator. The original text on the site.
In a previous article Photographing business portrait, I reviewed the basics of business portrait. Now let's talk about the nuances of a professional photographer to work on the portrait business. Selection of the lenses when shooting a portrait business. Lighting schemes to create a business portrait.
Selection of the lenses when shooting a portrait business.
1. Creating a business portrait, without specific reference to the place.
Best fit lenses with a focal length of 100 mm. and above. Try not to use the diaphragm more than f - 8,0. The more coarsely in a frame located person portrayed, the greater the aperture can be used to significantly blurred background. The more general plan removed the portrait business, the long focal length, must have installed on the camera lens. Most open aperture, in this case, enable, is strong enough to blur the background. This does not mean that the wide-angle lenses, are not applicable to photography business portrait.
2. Creating a business portrait, c-bound place.
Faced photographer task can dictate the conditions under which in addition to the model, should be clearly visible place of the shooting. This could be an office, an office, construction site. All that work-related rights. Wide-angle lenses with focal lengths from 35 to 20 mm. Are stick lifesaver in the above situation. You can use lenses with wider viewing angles, but there is a danger that the person portrayed, would be more like a friendly cartoon. Require significant electronic processing, to give the nominee a portrait, an adequate form. Using wide-angle lens lets you capture a kind of presence and integrate removed, with the place.
Selection of lighting equipment to create a business portrait.
Very important and almost the main link in the technical component is the lighting that you use to create a business portrait. The use of various types of lighting mainly dictated by the cost of running the project. To create a business portrait, you can use:
1. Natural light from the window and the reflector.
2. Wireless flash is not attached to the chamber, the reflector and the natural light from windows.
3. Studio lighting. Landline or mobile.
When shooting a portrait of business moving into the territory of the customer, using the latter two types of lighting leads to a sharp increase in weight and size of exported equipment. When using studio equipment from the battery light is particularly strong effect on weight.
Lighting schemes to create a business portrait.
As a rule, preferable to the model, a volumetric light with one hand does not create sudden drops in the shadow of another. Especially critical in this setting when clients deep for 40. Very wrong decision in this situation is to use a ring flash. On the one hand, this way attracts the photographer that does not require to take out a large number of lighting equipment for the organization of photo shoots. This scheme is sometimes triggered when shooting professional photo models. Their faces, kept the ring flash, just because of the powerful "war" paint made by a makeup artist. This scheme does not work, in the case of a business portrait. Flat, lifeless face - as a result. The photos are not able to please the client, conducted a successful photo session.
At the organization of the light circuits, care must be taken to the maximum of the neck have withdrawn, in the shadows. The main source of light can create shadows on your face shooting. The reflector is located on the other hand, from the main lamp should flatten them. The distance from the person portrayed to the reflector, affects the depth of the shade created by the main lamp. Further lighting scheme depends on the amount taken from a light. As the main source of light can be used luminal umbrella with a diameter of 100 mm. Located above the head withdrawn at an angle from 0 to 60 with respect to the axis of the lens. The greater the angle of the lamp with respect to the axis of the lens, the deeper shadows portrayed.
When shooting a portrait of business in the territory of the customer, the photographer must take care of the backlight. There are various solutions.
1. Take the necessary number of light sources with them. In this case you build a lighting object based on the pulse of light. Figure 1. Pick up power lamps so that the background looked like a darker or lighter is removed. It all depends on the task. I prefer to use this type of lighting as He gives the most professional and predictable result.
2. To illuminate the background using natural light. In this case, you only need to take care of selecting the correct shutter speed camera to obtain the necessary background brightness. Figure 2. In this case, the sensitivity matrix and the iris, adjusts the light from a pulsed device. The shutter speed is responsible for the light from a natural source of light. With this decision, you need to make sure that natural light is minimal lit portrayed. Long exposures necessary for the correct background exposure can lead to lubrication model. I'm not saying that this is not acceptable. Anyone can implement his vision is important that this is not a surprise.
3. When using artificial ambient light to illuminate the background, you should remember about the compatibility of color temperatures. Usually in the office, fill light, are fluorescent lamps. Their color temperature has a strong dip in the purple zone. Compared with pulsed sources of light looks green. How to be and what to do in such situations?!
With innovative approaches to create a business portrait, a phenomenon, a difference of color temperatures can be used to advantage. Pulsed light illuminates the model. Measures the total exposure so that the background was a light nedosvete. Get a picture with the correct color temperature and portrayed by a powerful green background. If a company's logo is a green component, it can become a kind of solution. With electronic processing of the final pictures, the green background color, using the operation Replace Color, can be replaced by anyone. If the clothing is not removable green component, in the RAW converter, you can neutralize the green, under color correction using sub-saturation and brightness. If you do not want to mess with subsequent treatment can be in calculating the exposure, overexposure background at 1.5 aperture, and it ceases to be such a pleasant green.photo 2 In this case, we must remember that the background will always peresvechen and carefully monitored to ensure that fluorescent light falling on the model, to avoid green artifacts in the shadow of the frame.
4. Create a business portrait, using more than one pulsed lamp. It is advisable to install a second hard reflector lamp and put it on the backlighting portrayed on the diagonal with the principal. Fig.3 The scheme will enable a greater volume and vivacity, her face portrayed and perceived to be a spectator as natural sunlight. The remaining fixtures you can use to organize the local background lighting. The main thing to remember. The basic rule of thumb. The farther away from the subject located the source of light, the light from it at the site seems to be more stringent. The closer to the subject light source, the light from it is softer. This rule holds true for lighting in any size of the light surface.
You are one on one with the client on the set, to create a business portrait. All the settings should stay in the past. Equipment should work perfectly. Necessary tests for exposure and composition, have been held on his assistant. The slightest confusion or uncertainty on your part can negate all the effort. You, along with a client looking for a solution to create the desired, but no one embodied the image. The greater the number of options you can shoot over the allotted time to shoot, the more likely it is that you performed the work will be approved by the customer. Try not to stop shooting until until you are confident in the result. During the shooting discreetly monitor the quality of the recorded images on the display chamber. You must be sure that it is not lost any settings. All the equipment is working properly, like a Swiss watch, including synchronizers. Try to arrange a portrait photography business, so that after each press of the shutter button, do not show portrayed the resulting picture, the camera display. Even a professional photo model, you need time to warm up, to get successful shots. You released a minimum of time to shoot and you have to use it most effectively.
There are still many factors to be aware that the business portrait was alive, interesting and fit the task.
Successful you are training!
The article "Photography Business Portrait", written by photographer Yuri Afanasyev for the site www.photoru.ru 11.2010